The lockdown has really given us some amazing opportunities to reconnect, reflect on what we place our value on and has also provided some very real challenges through this season.
We believe in a living and loving God who uses all situations for good and we trust that through this season, we will lean in even more closely to Jesus Christ our Saviour, knowing that our hope is found in Him. As we head into our Easter celebrations, this message of salvation feels magnified to me.
My husband and I are blessed to both be able to continue working full-time from home, our 4 year old daughter is home with us, constantly rearranging my carefully constructed order and the full responsibility for the house and garden is firmly back in our court. Our dog follows me around with eyes that question why I am neglecting our daily runs and is really confused why even though he is on his lead as usual; I am suggesting running in circles around our garden.
Strangely this time feels, in some ways, busier than usual.
I don’t know what the situation is like in your home; perhaps it is similar, perhaps not at all.
We would also like share some resources with you that might be helpful for whatever situation you find yourselves in.
We'd like to share the following resources with you which we hope will make things just a little easier.
1. Daily devotion and Bible study options
If you have not already signed up for RightNowMedia, please go along to our website www.proteavalleychurch.org where you can sign up for free (look out for the banner on our home page).
It is packed with incredible resources for the whole family.
Why not try out the JellyTelly 5 minute daily devotions?
There is a variety on offer, but my current pick is the Easter week series.
2. Coping with anxiety
We are living in a very unsettling time and we are extremely grateful that Orange Kids Ministry has kindly made the following content freely available at the moment due to the current Covid-19 situation enabling us to easily share this with you.
· PODCAST] Helping Kids Navigate Anxiety: On this episode, Sissy Goff, Director of Child and Adolescent Counseling at Daystar Counseling Ministries in Nashville, Tennessee, shares tools for leaders helping kids process anxiety. https://bit.ly/2TZx1OR
· Managing Fear and Anxiety During a Health Pandemic: a blog post for parents on managing anxiety during any number of life disruptions: https://bit.ly/2Q6kJTG
· Anxiety Conversation Guides: Helping a child with anxiety is a challenge. Parents can download these age-appropriate resources to find tips and practical ways to help their children.
· Preschool – https://bit.ly/33eSacg
· Elementary – https://bit.ly/38LkjZs
3. Praise and Worship
Here is a short list of some praise and worship songs to get your hearts pumping for the Lord. J
· Wavewalker by Citizen Way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogmsXfAEXq0
· My BFF – LifeKids: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzANAwEoB8A&t=7s
· My Lighthouse by Rend Collective Kids: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeJvKkBV6rY
· Then something really cute and fun: Every little cell in my body is healthy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JOTK-6Jb0M
Wishing you a blessed week ahead,
Tracy from Kids Church